Thursday, July 12, 2007

My Harry Potter Predictions

Here are two predictions for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows:

J.K. Rowling has said that major characters will die in the final book. I also read somewhere, I thought it was the Wikipedia page for Deathly Hallows, but I couldn't find it there today, someone unexpected will do something dramatic. So here's the prediction: Neville Longbottom will die. He's not exactly a major character, but he's had a prominent place in all six books so far. I also don't think Rowling will kill off one of the big three (but she did kill off Dumbledore, so that could be wrong). Neville's parents were powerful aurors and he has shown occasional flashes of brilliance and he has shown bravery. After all, the sorting hat did put him in Gryffindor. He's also initmately connected to Voldemort through the prophecy, although clearly it refers to Harry, since only Harry was able to retrieve it from the Department of Mysteries. To extend my prediction, Neville will be involved in the death of Voldemort, but he won't survive.

My second prediction is that Snape will turn out to be a good guy. I think Dumbledore's judgement is good, and he was right to trust in Snape.

No comments: